Rick Kish Studio
In Studio Offered with Covid-19 safety protocols* in place...
ONLINE lessons conducted via ZOOM
Ongoing registration available
Rick works online with students as far away as Berlin, Vancouver, New York & Toronto... In studio lessons bring students from all over southwestern Ontario...
Singing & Acting - Lessons & Coaching
Studio Sessions generally run from September through June and are weekly/bi-weekly for either 30, 45 or 60 minutes. Coaching is available year 'round. Students can begin any time throughout the year, based on space availability - ALL AGES. Consistency is the key to successful singing/acting/strong vocal skills. The sessions are jam packed with information and are presented in a practical and fun way. My approach is based on strong technique geared toward performance. The process is very important to the end product. I also coach singers and actors for auditions and performance, commercial & narration voice over techniques and work with people who are looking to improve their public speaking voices.
I recommend beginning with 30 minute sessions unless you have extensive training/experience or are looking for coaching. The first Lesson for new students is always 30 minutes and is intended as a meet, greet and assessment...please bring a song/monologue that you feel best shows off your skills and is fun for you to perform...
What I offer... In Studio* & Online
- Singing Lessons - strong, healthy vocal technique and performance skills.
- Acting Lessons - working on creating character, making strong choices, exploring the skills of the actor.
- Song & Monologue Coaching - performance techniques based on developing strong story-telling skills.
- Vocal work for public speaking - confidence building, tricks for successful presentations.
- Voice-over training - confidence building, tricks for successful narrative, commercial, documentary, etc...
- Theatre, Film & Television Industry advice
- SELF-TAPES for Auditions. (Includes text coaching, High Resolution Video, post-production & delivered via data stick, "Unlisted" YouTube link, WeTransfer or drop box)
- Two Master Classes (Covid dependent) where the students have the opportunity to perform their songs/monologues in front of the studio students, Rick and a collaborative pianist for feedback. This is an excellent way to deepen the connection to the work and to strengthen the level of performance.
I will always give as much notice as possible.
Come into the lesson with these four things and anything is possible in the process of learning & performance...
Focus / Fun ...(to be creative and find a deeper experience / willingness to have...)
Attitude ...(a positive, open one)
Commitment / Curiousity ...(to discover your process)
Energy ...(lot's of it...)
* During any level of Covid public health concerns - In Studio Safety protocols in place...
- Hand sanitizer at the door
- Time between each student to allow air purification. HEPA filter on MAXIMUM Purification between each student.
- Clean common areas between students. Wipe all surfaces - Chair, Door bell, Music stand... Any item that students may come in contact with.
- Air Sanitation Spray.
- 9 feet between the student and myself
- A plexiglass guard between us
Some more details…
PRE-PAYMENT OPTIONS: POST-DATED CHEQUES (your starting month to May 1st), dated the FIRST (1st) of each month (NOT first lesson date, ie: October 1st, 2022) be given to me on the first session of your first full month. VISA, MC & Amex accepted (CREDIT CARDS - subject to an additional 3.5% fee). E-Transfer (pay full month on the 1st day of each month) CASH (full month at first lesson of each month). The payment schedule applies to everyone - as well, it assures you a regular, consistent lesson each week. This is the best way to ensure progress ... and of course … you must practice!
Payment options can be discussed.
If driving … please do not park or wait in the driveway … there is plenty of parking on both sides of the street in front of the house.
I require 24 hours notice for a cancellation to receive a make-up lesson - if I do not receive notice the lesson will be cancelled at your expense. Sickness, accident, events beyond our control are completely understandable... it goes both ways! However, without notice, payment is expected. Thank you for your understanding.
If for any reason I cancel, I will make up within a reasonable time. Make up sessions will be done within the month in which the session was missed, or very soon thereafter.
Time due to lateness on the part of the student cannot be made up. If I’m running behind I will make up time.
Arrive as close to your lesson time as possible … please do not come early. Ring the doorbell upon arrival - make sure you hear it. I will indicate for you to enter.
Major Holidays are observed / MARCH BREAK (High School break). During off times I will do special coaching sessions during these times as the need arises.
If parents/caregivers are dropping off their student, first time only, please come and meet me at the door. Then, wait outside and pick up at the end of the session. A VERY large part of the success of the student comes through independence from parents/caregivers.
Please do not be late for picking up your student.
If you have started with me and choose to discontinue your sessions after your monthly payment has been processed, you will NOT receive a refund for the outstanding amount. Notice is appreciated & expected.