Rick Kish Studio
In Studio Offered with Covid-19 safety protocols* in place...
ONLINE lessons conducted via ZOOM
Ongoing registration available
Rick works online with students as far away as Berlin, Vancouver, New York & Toronto... In studio lessons bring students from all over southwestern Ontario...
Singing & Acting - Lessons & Coaching
Studio Sessions generally run from September through June and are weekly/bi-weekly for either 30, 45 or 60 minutes. Coaching is available year 'round. Students can begin any time throughout the year, based on space availability - ALL AGES. Consistency is the key to successful singing/acting/strong vocal skills. The sessions are jam packed with information and are presented in a practical and fun way. My approach is based on strong technique geared toward performance. The process is very important to the end product. I also coach singers and actors for auditions and performance, commercial & narration voice over techniques and work with people who are looking to improve their public speaking voices.
I recommend beginning with 30 minute sessions unless you have extensive training/experience or are looking for coaching. The first Lesson for new students is always 30 minutes and is intended as a meet, greet and assessment...please bring a song/monologue that you feel best shows off your skills and is fun for you to perform...
What I offer... In Studio* & Online
- Singing Lessons - strong, healthy vocal technique and performance skills.
- Acting Lessons - working on creating character, making strong choices, exploring the skills of the actor.
- Song & Monologue Coaching - performance techniques based on developing strong story-telling skills.
- Vocal work for public speaking - confidence building, tricks for successful presentations.
- Voice-over training - confidence building, tricks for successful narrative, commercial, documentary, etc...
- Theatre, Film & Television Industry advice
- SELF-TAPES for Auditions. (Includes text coaching, High Resolution Video, post-production & delivered via data stick, "Unlisted" YouTube link, WeTransfer or drop box)
- Two Master Classes (Covid dependent) where the students have the opportunity to perform their songs/monologues in front of the studio students, Rick and a collaborative pianist for feedback. This is an excellent way to deepen the connection to the work and to strengthen the level of performance.
I will always give as much notice as possible.
Come into the lesson with these four things and anything is possible in the process of learning & performance...
Focus / Fun ...(to be creative and find a deeper experience / willingness to have...)
Attitude ...(a positive, open one)
Commitment / Curiousity ...(to discover your process)
Energy ...(lot's of it...)
* During any level of Covid public health concerns - In Studio Safety protocols in place...
- Hand sanitizer at the door
- Time between each student to allow air purification. HEPA filter on MAXIMUM Purification between each student.
- Clean common areas between students. Wipe all surfaces - Chair, Door bell, Music stand... Any item that students may come in contact with.
- Air Sanitation Spray.
- 9 feet between the student and myself
- A plexiglass guard between us