In Studio & Online Lessons Offered- Covid-19 safety protocols* in place...
ZOOM, Skype, Facebook or WhatsApp. Please connect with me via the contact form below to inquire about these lessons...
New Studio Season - Begins September - Ongoing registration available
Voice Lessons & Acting Coaching - Studio Sessions generally run from September through June and are weekly/bi-weekly for either 30, 45 or 60 minutes. Students can begin any time throughout the year, based on space availability. All ages. Consistency is the key to successful singing/acting/strong vocal skills. The sessions are jam packed with information and are presented in a practical and fun way.
My approach is based on strong technique geared toward performance. The process is very important to the end product. I also coach singers and actors for auditions and performance, commercial & narration voice over techniques and work with people who are looking to improve their public speaking voices.
I recommend beginning with 30 minute sessions unless you have extensive training/experience or are looking for coaching. The first Lesson for new students is always 30 minutes and is intended as a meet, greet and assessment...please bring a song you love to sing that you feel best shows off your voice and is fun for you to perform... when acting, bring a monologue or the text you'd like to work on.
What I offer... In Studio & Online
- Singing Lessons - strong, healthy vocal technique and performance skills.
- Acting Lessons - working on creating character, making strong choices, exploring the skills of the actor.
- Song & Monologue Coaching - performance techniques based on developing strong story-telling skills.
- Vocal work for public speaking - confidence building, tricks for successful presentations.
- Voice-over training - confidence building, tricks for successful narrative, commercial, documentary, etc...
- Theatre, Film & Television Industry advice
- SELF-TAPES for Auditions. (Includes text coaching, High Resolution Video, post-production & delivered via data stick, "Unlisted" YouTube link or drop box)
- Two Master Classes where the students have the opportunity to perform their songs/monologues in front of the studio students, Rick and a collaborative pianist for feedback. This is an excellent way to deepen the connection to the work and to strengthen the level of performance.
Come into the studio with these four things and anything is possible in the process of learning & performance...
Focus ...(to be creative and do the work)
Attitude ...(a positive, open one)
Commitment ...(to your process)
Energy ...(lot's of it...)
*In Studio Safety protocols in place...
- Clean the common areas between students
- Hand sanitizer at the door
- Sanitize the air
- 9 feet between the student and myself
- A plexiglass guard between us
- HEPA filter system cleaning the air and running continuously